Monday, April 7, 2008

Back to Centre

Five years ago I left a comfortable County job for the uncertainty of freelance work and time to make art.  It was the best choice I ever made.  I have more satisfying freelance opportunities than I can handle and this fall, I will have a one-person exhibition in a 2500-square-foot gallery (working title: Bound/Unbound)! 

And it all started at the Centre Gallery -- or back then it was the Mitchell Wolfson Jr. Collection of Decorative and Propaganda Arts -- my first real job.  I left the gallery in 1987 and now, twenty-one years later, will have an exhibition in that same space.  It feels deeply satisfying to be returning with my own show, a full and beautiful cycle. 

And so I begin my blog at the urging of the amazing Jane Powell of Random Arts in Saluda, North Carolina.  I am seven months out from my exhibition and I will use this space as a venue to document my progress, process some of my thoughts, and almost certainly to vent! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Intriguing and exquisite, as I'd expect from you. Seriously. I'll keep a watch on it. Brava, chica!

May Day Art Salon said...

This is very exciting Miss Lea! Please post frequently - you will probably find it as cathartic as creating your art. And the rest of us will no doubt find inspiration and joy.

We will be watching ...

random notes said...

Great work on the blog Lea! The photo of your work is just as well done as the book itself. It's fascinating to learn more about you and your work. I will be "lurking"around waiting to see your next entry.
Jane

Unknown said...

Que bonita brava chica! Tu blog esta muy bien, el arte del papeles muy lindo, muy creativo. Entonces, el exposition en noviembre! Continua cree y hace te milagros, mi amiga!

besos desde BsAs!
tinx