Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pollination Series... new work





I'm working on a new series titled Pollination.  They are watercolor and mixed media mounted on board and are fairly large -- each one is 17 x 48".  I'm having fun playing with the circular form as well as experimenting with some acrylic pigments with iridescent effects (especially love Golden Fluid Acrylics' Iridescent Pearl).  People see different things in my work -- underwater vistas or forms floating through space.  I  enjoy keeping things ambiguous! These will be wall pieces for my exhibition -- some of the "unbound." 



2 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Wow Lea... this work is so translucent and vivid.. beautiful. never seen anything like it...
and congrats for stepping out and going your own way ... nothing like calling the shots on your own life!

Karen Faulkner said...

I love these!!! They are peaceful yet energizing at the same time. Beautiful.